|This article is being maintained as archived information. There have been no recent reports of this error.|
This error occurs when the CommonStartup string value in the registry has for some reason become empty. To fix this, please try the following:
- On the keyboard, press (the Windows key)+R to open Run
- In the Run dialog type: regedit and click OK, which will open the Registry Editor
- Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog (if necessary)
- Browse to and expand:
- Double click on Common Startup*
- Copy and paste the following into Edit String:
- Click OK
- Close the Registry Editor
*Note: If you do not find Common Startup in this key at all, please do the following before continuing with number 5 above:
- Right click in the right pane of the Registry Editor and choose NewString Value
- Name this string value Common Startup (note that there is a space between the words)
Return to #5 above at this point
Try installing WinZip again. If this is not helpful, please submit a Technical Support ticket.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.