Make sure your computer is ready for the edition of Windows Vista you want. Windows Vista Upgrade advisor can help. Learn more here.
To take full advantage of all of the features of Easy Media Creator, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft¨ Windows Vista Home/Business/Ultimate, Windows XP Home/Pro/MCE (Service Pack 2), Windows XP Pro x64 Edition*, Windows 2000** (Service Pack 4 or later)
*DVDInfo Pro does not run on Windows x64 systems.
**Drag-to-Disc and CinePlayer do not run on Windows 2000.
Easy Media Creator 9 Deluxe Suite is not supported on Windows 2000.
- Processor and memory:
- For burning music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel¨ Pentium III or equivalent; 128 MB RAM
- For DVD, slideshow, or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
- For real-time MPEG-2 capture and burning: 1.6 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
- For DivX HD or H.264 viewing in full screen mode: 2 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 512 MB RAM
- Hard disk:
- 1 GB available hard disk space for typical installation of all components
- 1 GB available hard disk space for every 5 minutes of video for video capture
- Up to 9 GB available hard disk space for copying DVD-Video or DVD Music discs
- 7200 RPM hard disk drive recommended for video projects
- Display settings: 1024 X 768, 16-bit color graphics card; 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound and graphics cards
- CD-ROM compatible drive<
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 or higher for Windows XP and Windows Vista; Windows Media Player 9 or higher for Windows 2000
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- For burning: multimedia-compliant CD-, DVD-, or BD-recordable drive
- For audio capture or playback: 16-bit Windows-compatible sound card and speakers
- For importing photos and images: Scanner, digital camera, or video camera
- For video capture: OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire¨ card (for use with a DV Camera) or analog video capture device
- For online services: Internet connection for registration, activation, product updates, sharing or downloading content, e-mailing, and Gracenote¨ MusicIDª support (to retrieve CD artist, album, and track information). Any Internet charges incurred are the responsibility of the user.
Note: Importing, capturing, editing, copying (encrypted or copy-protected discs not supported), burning, exporting, or viewing MPEG-2 files, DVD-Video titles or HD-V video, and burning DVD, mini DVD, or SVCD discs requires a one-time product activation, via the Internet. Product activation is fast, free, and anonymous.
- For MediaSpace and LiveShare features: UPnP-compliant home network router
- For LiveShare peer-to-peer photo sharing: Broadband internet connection
- For mobile phone support: multimedia-capable mobile phone with USB cable or Bluetooth connectivity. For information about supported equipment, visit www.roxio.com/support.
- USB connections require the phone manufacturer's USB driver.
- Bluetooth connections require a mobile phone that supports ObexFTP and a Bluetooth adapter supporting Microsoft, BTW (Broadcom) or IVT (BlueSoleil) drivers. Devices must be paired using the device's driver software before use with Media Manager.
- Windows mobile devices require ActiveSync 4.1 or higher.
- For ring tone support (U.S. only): multimedia-capable mobile phone with an Internet connection and text message services (any text messaging charges incurred are the responsibility of the user). For information about supported equipment, for instructions for using this feature, and for support, visit www.xingtone.com.
- For video conferencing support: web camera, compatible sound card and speakers, microphone, and broadband Internet connection. (Any Internet charges incurred are the responsibility of the user.) For information about supported equipment, for instructions for using this feature, and for support, visit www.sightspeed.com.
- For Windows Media portable player support: player compatible with Windows Media Device Manager 9 or higher
- For iPod¨ support: iTunes 6.0.1 or higher
- For Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) support: Firmware version 2.6 or higher
- For TiVo file support: TiVo Desktop 2.3 or higher
To see what's new in Creator, visit the Roxio Upgrade Center or call our Inside Sales Team at 1-877-582-6735 (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., EST - excluding Roxio holidays).
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.