This article might be helpful if you see the "Version needed to extract 50" message and want to learn more about that.
If you did the following:
- Began unzipping a Zip file
- A WinZip dialog displayed stating that problems were encountered
- You clicked Yes to see details
- The View Last Output dialog showed the version needed is 50
This would indicate that one or more files in the Zip file has been:
- encrypted using DES
- encrypted using 3DES
- encrypted using original RC2 encryption
- encrypted using RC4 encryption
None of these are supported by WinZip. If you are certain that the Zip file does not contain any of these encrypted files, it may be that it is damaged or that it was created incorrectly.
Otherwise, you may need to download and use the Zip Reader that PKWare provides to view the contents of the file.