In some cases it may be desirable to rename audio CDs that have been imported into Studio. The most common reason is that when the CD was first given a name that it was typed in incorrectly. This FAQ will describe the procedure to change the CD name.
Note: Please, only proceed if you (1) have backed up your registry, (2) have edited the registry before and (3) are comfortable with the risks associated with editing the registry.
To remove the stored CD titles from Studio, you can follow this procedure:
- Go to Start -> Run and type regedit. Click OK.
- Browse to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pinnacle Systems\Studio 12\CD titles.
Note: If you are using a previous version of Studio, the above path will indicate the version of Studio that you own.
- If you want to remove all CD titles you can remove this folder by right clicking on it and choosing delete.
- If you want to just remove a certain title, expand this folder. Each CD has its own entry here. In order to tell which CD is which, click on one of the items. On the right side of the Regedit window the "Title" Entry will display the name that was entered when Studio prompted the user to name the CD.
- The desired CD title can be deleted by right-clicking on the folder for that CD and selecting delete.
- Restart Studio and re-import the CD. Studio will prompt you to give the CD a new name.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.