Note: For information regarding what types of files Studio 12 can import, see the section below titled: "What files can Studio 12 import?"
There are 3 ways to open a digital video file. In all 3 cases it is required to first go to the Edit mode. Once in Edit mode, select the icon that looks like a video camera:
After this is done, any of the three following methods will import a video file:
1. Select the file name on the dropdown list when the Video Scenes section is in Scenes mode
2. Double-click a file listed in the album when in Files mode.
3. Click the browse for file button and use the Open dialog to locate a digital video file of any supported type on the hard drive.
More information in file import can be found in chapter 3 of the manual.
What files can Studio 12 import?
Studio 12.0 and higher can import the following video file formats with the allowable extensions for each format noted in parenthesis:
- AVI File - (.avi)
- MPEG Files - MPEG-1, MPEG-2 SD & HD, and MPEG-4 - (.mpg, .mpeg, .mod, .mp2, .mp4, .m2ts, .mts, .m1v, .m2v. mpv, .tod) - HD file import requires Studio Plus or Ultimate Version 11
- WMV Files - (.wmv)
- DIVX - (.avi)
- MOD (JVC Everio cameras) - (.mod)
- TOD (JVC Everio cameras) - (.tod)
- 3GPP Files - (.3gp)
- AVCHD - (.m2ts, .mts) - Requires Studio Plus or Ultimate Version 11.
- MOV (Quicktime) - (.mov)*
- Requires Studio 12.1. Click here for a link to the 12.1 patch
Note: Studio 12 does not support DVR-MS Files.