In some cases, it has been found that there is no Video/Preview in Pinnacle Studio 24. If this happens, following steps should help to solve the problem.
- Download and install 'Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)' from link below: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
- Run downloaded 'directx_Jun2010_redist.exe' file and extract contents in a folder (e.g. DX) on your desktop.
- Go to the folder and run DXSETUP.exe by right-clicking on it then select 'Run as administrator'.
Once 'Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)’ installed, restart PC and test Pinnacle Studio 24.
If problem persists, make sure you have installed latest graphics/video card driver. Check with your graphics card manufacturer's website and see if any newer driver is available.
Once latest graphics driver is installed, restart PC and follow the steps below to reset Pinnacle Studio 24.
- Press Windows + R keys together to get Run command box.
- In the available field type (or copy and paste) %localappdata% and press enter key.
- Rename the Pinnacle_Studio_24 folder to Pinnacle_Studio_24.old
- Launch Pinnacle Studio 24 as administrator by right-clicking on its icon then select "Run as administrator" and test
NOTE: This will reset all your Library settings to default, including Watchfolders and Project Bins, and any media previously imported will need to be imported again.