We have created a file that will help resolve this issue.
- Important: close all Roxio applications and temporarily turn off any anti-virus applications currently running. We have noticed this happening more frequently with McAfee in our software, but some updates from anti-virus programs can accidentally block installations of any program.
The safest way to do this is to disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
- Go to Start and type "msconfig" (without quotes) into the Start Search field and press the "Enter" key.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Click the Disable All button.
- Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
- Click the Restart button.
To reverse this after the fix has been applied, go back into MSCONFIG and select the processes you want running or click Enable All and restart.
Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
- Download the appropriate file for your version of Creator:
Creator 2011 - download
Creator 2010 - download
- Open the .zip folder and place RepairLicensefile on your Desktop.
- Double click on the .exe file.
- In a couple of moments, the ActivationForm window will launch.
- Press the Reset License and TimeLocks button.
- The reset process may take several minutes.
- Restart your anti-virus software.
- Re-launch your Roxio software.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.