To take full advantage of all of the features of Easy Media Creator, your computer must meet the following minimum system requirements:
- Microsoft¨ Windows Vista, Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Processor and memory:
- For burning music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel¨ Pentium III or equivalent; 128 MB RAM
- For DVD, slideshow, or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
- For real-time MPEG-2 capture and burning: 1.6 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
- For DivX HD or H.264 viewing in full screen mode: 2 GHz Intel¨ Pentium 4 or equivalent; 512 MB RAM
- Hard disk:
- 1 GB available hard disk space for typical installation of all components
- 1 GB available hard disk space for every 5 minutes of video for video capture
- Up to 9 GB available hard disk space for copying DVD-Video or DVD Music discs
- 7200 RPM hard disk drive recommended for video projects
- Display settings: 1024 X 768, 16-bit color graphics card; 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound and graphics cards
- CD-ROM compatible drive
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 10 or higher
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- For burning: multimedia-compliant CD-, DVD-, or BD-recordable drive
- For audiocapture or playback: 16-bit Windows-compatible sound card and speakers
- For importing photos and images: Scanner, digital camera, or video camera
- For video capture: OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 FireWire¨ card (for use with a DV Camera) or analog video capture device
- For online services: Internet connection for registration, activation, product updates, sharing or downloading content, e-mailing, and Gracenote¨ MusicIDª support (to retrieve CD artist, album, and track information). Any Internet charges incurred are the responsibility of the user.
Note: Importing, capturing, editing, copying (encrypted or copy-protected discs not supported), burning, exporting, or viewing MPEG-2 files, DVD-Video titles or HD-V video, and burning DVD, mini DVD, or SVCD discs requires a one-time product activation, via the Internet. Product activation is fast, free, and anonymous.
- For MediaSpace and LiveShare features: UPnP-compliant home network router
- For LiveShare peer-to-peer photo sharing: Broadband internet connection
- For mobile phone support: multimedia-capable mobile phone with USB cable or Bluetooth connectivity. For information about supported equipment, visit www.roxio.com/support.
- USB connections require the phone manufacturer's USB driver.
- Bluetooth connections require a mobile phone that supports ObexFTP and a Bluetooth adapter supporting Microsoft, BTW (Broadcom) or IVT (BlueSoleil) drivers. Devices must be paired using the device's driver software before use with Media Manager.
- Windows mobile devices require ActiveSync 4.1 or higher.
- For Windows Media portable player support: player compatible with Windows Media Device Manager 9 or higher
- For iPod¨ support: iTunes 6.0.1 or higher
- For Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) support: Firmware version 2.6 or higher
- For TiVofile support: TiVo Desktop 2.3 or higher
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.