Dell Sonic Digital Media Customers:
The provided fix is intended for Dell computers ONLY. Sonic has created a fix for this issue which will be posted on both Dell and Sonic support web sites.
If you?re computer is not a Dell computer or if the product version listed does not match the version installed on your system, please do not download and continue to the MyDVD or DigitalMedia Plus 7 Customers section of this article. This fix pertains to Dell versions of Sonic Digital Media version SC 204.
If you?re Dell installed software is encountering this issue under Windows XP (SP2), please download and install the following patch and follow the instructions.
- Download the following patch to your desktop: http://docs.roxio.com/patches/data204plus.exe (30 MB)
- Launch the patch installer from your desktop.
- Follow the installer's on-screen instructions.
- When prompted to restart your computer, click Yes.
- The computer restarts, and the update is complete.
MyDVD or DigitalMedia Plus 7 Customers
To re-register your xml.dll:
- Go to your start menu and open "Run".
- Copy and paste or type the following command into the Open window:
- Click OK
- Make sure it says it succeeded
- Restart the computer, and re-launch
If Step 1 does not solve the problem, it may be caused by having Windows Media Player 11 installed on your machine. To discontinue this error, please do the following:
- Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight Windows Media Player 11 and click on Remove.
- Once done, restart your computer.
- Once you are back in Windows, open up Internet Explorer and click on the link below:
- Scroll down and select Windows Media Player 10.
- Click on the Download button and go through the Validation screens.
- Choose Save and save it to your Desktop.
- Once done, double-click on that file to install WMP 10.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.