To export video:
- At the left side of the Toast window, click Convertand choose Video Files.
- Add video files to the project by dragging and dropping them into the ContentArea from your hard disk or the Media Browser.
Note: You can add content from your high-definition (AVCHD) camcorder by choosing AVCHD Camcorder from the Media Browser.
- Click the red Record button
- Choose the playback device of your choice or a conversion format. Some of the options available include:
- DV: Creates a standard definition DV file that can be used with iDVD and iMovie.
- DV 16:9: Creates a widescreen DV file that can be imported into iMovie HD, Final Cut Pro or Express.
- HDV 720p: Creates a high definition DV file for use in iMovie HD, or Final Cut HD projects. Recommended if your content is HD 720p.
- HDV 1080i: Creates a high definition DV file for use in iMovie HD, or Final Cut HD projects. Recommended if your content is HD 1080i.
- QuickTime Movie: Offers full access to all possible QuickTime codecs, selected from the Options... button.
- MPEG-4: Creates an MPEG-4 file using Apple?s MPEG-4 codec. Recommended for converting to lower resolutions and for streaming applications.
- H.264: Creates an H.264 (also known as MPEG-4 Advanced Video codec or AVC) file using Apple?s H.264 codec, offering high quality at lower bitrates.
- 3G: Creates an MPEG-4 file using Apple?s 3GPP codec.
Recommended for playback on portable and handheld devices such as mobile phones.
- iPod: Creates an MPEG-4 or H.264 file for use with your iPod.
- iPhone / iPod Touch: Creates an H.264 file using Apple?s H.264 codec, offering high quality at lower bitrates.
- Apple TV: Creates an H.264 file using Apple?s H.264 for use with your Apple TV.
- For PSP: Creates an MPEG-4 file formatted for playback on the PSP (PlayStation Portable).
- For iTunes: Extracts the audio portion of the video and creates an M4A audio file for use in iTunes.
- Ogg Vorbis: Extracts the audio portion of the video and creates an OGG audio file.
- Choose a your quality settings and export location such as a folder on your hard disk or iTunes.
- Click Export.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.