This article discusses basic technique for migrating WordPerfect macros from earlier versions into current versions of WordPerfect. Most macros from WordPerfect 7, 8 and 9can be recompiled to work in WordPerfect 10, 11, 12 and X3 with minimal effort. Some manual updates may be needed as some commands have been updated or removed over time.
Moving macros to your new version of WordPerfect
We recommend copying your custom WordPerfect(version 7 or later) macros to the default macro folder for your current version of WordPerfect . You can easily open the default macro folder for WordPerfect as follows:
- Close all copies of WordPerfect.
- Click Start, Run
- Type "%AppData%\Corel\
PerfectScript\XX\EN\ WordPerfect" (without the quotes) XX represents your version of WordPerfect (eg, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18, 19)
- Click Ok.
Recompiling macros with your new version of WordPerfect.
- Once the macros have been moved, you can recompile a macro as follows:
- Open WordPerfect
- Click Tools, Macro, Edit.
- Browse to and select the desired macro and click "Edit".
- Position the insertion point at the end of the first line.
- Press Space, then BackSpace.
- Click Save and Compile.
- You may receive warnings, but these can be safely ignored in most cases. If you receive errors these will need to be corrected.
Correcting errors in macros is beyond the scope of this document. Please call Corel Technical support for more information on macro support. If you would like to contact Corel for technical support please visit http://www.corel.com/support/ for priority support phone numbers.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.