How To Update WinDVD
You will need to download and install the update for WinDVD SE:
- Click here to be directed to Lenovo's Support Site
- Once on the Lenovo Download and Drivers support page, you will need to enter your system information.
- Once the list of available updates is populated, look for the WinDVD update and then save the update to your Desktop.
- Once the file is downloaded launch the update by double clicking on the file, ***If you are using Vista you will need to right click on the icon and then select Run As Administrator***
- Follow the Install Wizard instructions and then click on the Finish button once the setup is complete.
If you receive an error during the install of the update:
“This upgrade patch can’t apply to your version of WinDVD. Setup will now abort...”
This means that you are already up to date or you have a different version of WinDVD installed. How to check your version number:
- Launch WinDVD SE
- Right Click on the WinDVD SE screen, you should then see a drop down menu appear.
- Select “Setup”
- Click on the “Information” Tab, and on this screen you will be able to see the version number.
WinDVD hangs during the AACS key update
Please follow the steps below Windows Vista only
- Clear web page history in Internet Explorer 8, Click here for help clearing your Internet Explorer 8 cookies and Internet temporary files
- Turn off UAC ("Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off")
- Reboot machine
- Play BD again and then start the operations of updating AACS key.
- Turn on UAC
- Reboot Machine
Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7
If you receive an "R" followed by a number error message, please contact Corel's Customer Service.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.