Excessive amounts of Temp files can cause many known issues with Corel products as well as other software running on Windows. Cleaning out the temp directory on a monthly basis should help the following:
- Slow Running System
- Product Crashes
- Out of Memory messages
- Copy/Paste pastes corrupt objects
- Documents becoming corrupted frequently
- Slow Print times
- Slow Save times
- Error message: "Temp Drive or Output Drive may be full"
It is very easy to clean up temp files, simply complete the following steps:
- Click on the Windows Start menu at the bottom left side of your screen
- Type into the search box: %temp% (For Windows XP type:%temp% in the RUN command window)
- Hit Enter and the Temp directory will open
- Hit Ctrl+A on the keyboard to Select All
- Hit the Delete key and then press OK or hit Enter to the message asking if you are sure you wish to delete
- Skip all files that cannot be deleted (there will usually be about 3 to 5 temp files in use by windows at any given time which cannot be deleted)
- Close out of the temp directory
Note *The proceedure may have to be repeated or files deleted in batches when using Windows XP due to its limitations when deleting mass amounts of files*
Keywords: temp files, cleanup, temporary, installation
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.