There are two ways to generate Activation Keys:
Method 1 – Within Studio
For Studio 16 & Avid Studio
In Studio go to Help > Activation Keys > Regenerate Activation Keys
For Studio 15 and earlier versions
In Studio go to Help > Regenerate Activation Keys
Method 2 – From the web
Step 1: In Studio click on Help -> My Passport. Write down your Passport number which is a sequence of 5 sets of 5 digits. Make sure that you do not write down your serial number. The Passport has no letters, it is all numbers.
Step 2: Go to our Unlock Site to regenerate the activation keys.
Note: If the computer that Studio is installed on does not have an internet connection, you can go to a computer that is connected to the internet and do this step.
Step 3: Fill out the screen on the Unlock Site.
- Email address:
- Passport: (see step 1 above) Either manually type it in or copy and paste each 5 digit string into the space provided.
- Preferred Language: leave this set to English in most cases
Note: Your Activation Keys will be emailed to this address. It is important to use the same email address than the one you used to register your software. If you changed your email address, you will have first to update your registration profile and then regenerate your keys.
To update your registration profile with a current email address, go to this site:
If you have forgotten your password, click the "Forgot your password" button. After you log in, click the "Update your personal information" link. You can make the appropriate changes here.
Step 4: Once you have the email with your new activation codes, you can then enter them in Studio:
- If you have Studio 15 or earlier click on Help -> Enter Activation Key
- If you have Studio 16 or Avid Studio go to Help > Activation Keys > Enter Activation Keys
- Enter the activation keys in the space provided and when finished click OK.
You can view your activation keys by pressing Help -> View Activation Keys