How to deploy WordPerfect Office 2021 from the command line
When installing to five or more systems, it is preferable to deploy WordPerfect using a volume license and a command line install.
- The Deployment Guide (Click here to download)
- System requirements matching those specified in the Deployment Guide
- A volume license serial number with enough licenses to deploy to your systems
- A network connection between the systems, and a storage location visible from all systems
- Copy the "English" folder (or French, if you are doing a French language install of WordPerfect) to a network location which is visible to all systems where WordPerfect will be installed. We will call this the Install Source.
- Create a file called Persist.XML in the same folder with Setup.exe. Add this to the contents:
<Property name="ICA.PropertyPresistFile.Created" value="06/15/21 11:13:59"/>
<Property name="SERIALNUMBER" value="WP21C22-XXXXXXX-YYYYYYY-ZZZZZZZ"/>
<Property name="ALLOW_PRODUCTUPDATES" value="0"/>
- Edit the serial number to match your serial number.
- On each client system, you have two options of how to install:
- You can browse to the Install Source on the network, then double-click on the Setup.exe file. Follow the on-screen prompts. You will not be prompted for a serial number.
- You can install it with a command line such one of these:
- msiexec.exe -i //path/to/InstallSource/Setup/setup.msi ADDLOCAL="ALL" /CHAINER_CMD="/qb"
- //path/to/InstallSource/Setup.exe /qb ADDLOCAL=ALL
- Note, there are many more public property options that can be used with the command lines available in the deployment guide. This article is intended to provide a basic example only.