Export your slideshows to a video file and burn them to DVD
The Roxio Slideshow Assistant by itself does not have the ability to burn slideshows to DVD. As such, the slideshows you create need to be exported to a video file and burned to disc outside the Slideshow Assistant.
There are two parts to this procedure. To wit:
- Exporting your slideshow to a video file;
- Importing the exported video to MyDVD for burning.
Exporting your slideshow
To start exporting your slideshow, follow these steps:
- After completing your slideshow project in Slideshow Assistant, you will have the following options on the final screen:
- Select the second option to create a file. A dialog box window like the one shown below will come up.
- Since you will be burning the slideshow to a DVD, you will need to select "DVD playback" as the purpose.
- The next step is to select whether the video standard will be NTSC, PAL, or both. This will depend on which TV standard your DVD player supports. Generally, North American and Canadian DVD systems support NTSC, while European systems support PAL.
- Which TV standard you selected above will be the options available to you on the Video File Quality drop-down list. NTSC will have a frame rate of 29.97 fps and PAL will have a frame rate of 25 fps. If you selected “Both” above, you would notice there are two entries each of the same quality format on the drop-down list: one will be for NTSC and the other PAL. Whether NTSC or PAL, select the best quality.
Note: if you are an advanced user and would like to create your own video format, click on the “New” button. This is not advisable unless you really know what you are doing.
- If you would like to make the audio volume the same level all throughout the video, click on the “Normalize Audio” checkbox .
- In the File Name box, enter the name for your video file and browse to the folder where you would like to save the file.
- When you have reviewed all your settings and are satisfied, click on “Create Video File” to start exporting your slideshow.
Burning the exported file to DVD
Once you have exported your slideshow to a video file, test it by playing it back on your preferred media player to make sure the video is good. Now, follow these steps:
- Launch the MyDVD program by clicking on the "Create DVDs" button in the Creator NXT or Easy CD & DVD Burning launcher screen.
- Getting past the Roxio MyDVD splash screen, you will be prompted to select which disc project you would like to start. Select DVD.
- Give your DVD project a name and select a save location. Then click OK.
- The MyDVD application window will come up. Now is the time to import your slideshow video by clicking on the Media tab on the top of the left-hand panel.
- Once you have located your slideshow video, simply select it and then drag and drop it into one of the boxes of the content area.
- Enter a name for your DVD in the DVD title box on the top, make sure you have a blank DVD-R or DVD-RW already inserted in your DVD burner, and then click on the Burn button to start burning your project to DVD.
- That's it! Just wait for the burn process to complete and play your DVD once done.
More features in MyDVD
If you would like to learn more about the features available in MyDVD and what other disc project types you can create, you can click on the Help button to access its user guide, or simply visit this link.