WordPerfect: Error - MathType Is Not Installed
In some cases, you may see an error reading “Mathtype is not installed, or the registration database is incorrect. To create or edit a formula, run the WordPerfect Office setup program and install MathType”. If you do, this article will help.
It is possible that registry entries or files are missing or damaged. A repair will resolve this issue. Please follow this article to resolve this issue:
Reset MathType Settings:
If this does not resolve the issue, then the problem is in the user settings area. Here is how to reset the needed registry settings:
This involves editing the Windows registry.
When working with the registry, a backup should be completed. This article from Microsoft describes how to back up the registry:
In some cases, MathType's default installation may become corrupt or damaged preventing the application from launching, or working properly. This document will restore factory defaults through a two-part process of renaming MathType's registry entries and configuration files.
To restore the product to its factory defaults follow the instructions listed below:
First, make sure that all WordPerfect Office programs are closed. This is very important. If any of them are open, the reset process will not work as expected.
Reset the MathType (Design Science) registry entries:
1. Click Start
2. In Search, type Regedit
3. In the search results, click Registry Editor.
4. If you do not see only four or five items listed on the left:
4.1 Press the left arrow on your keyboard repeatedly until you only see "Computer"
4.2 Double-click on Computer to expand it.
5. Double-click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER
6. Double-click on Software
7. Right-click on “Design Science” and choose "Rename" from the context menu.
8. Type "Design Science-Old". If there is a "Design Science-Old", you can use "Design Science-Old1", etc.
9. Press Enter on your keyboard to save the change.
10. Repeatedly press the left arrow key until you only have the Computer and the five HKEY items listed.
11. Close the Registry Editor
When this is complete, retry WordPerfect and the Equation Editor