When browsing for a file using a file dialog such as open, save or a macro dialog, WordPerfect closes unexpectedly.
In this instance, the Enhanced file dialog was in use. One can recognize the Enhanced file dialog by the Find button near the lower right.
Use standard file dialogs:
- Open WordPerfect,
- Click Tools menu, Settings, Files icon
- On the Document tab, remove the checkmark from "Use enhanced file dialogs"
- Click OK to close the Files Settings dialog
- Click Close to close the Settings dialog
- Note, Search will now be in the upper right instead of Find in the lower right.