To uninstall CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (Basic Process, using Windows Add Remove Program)
- Restart your operating system to ensure everything is properly closed and complete any pending Windows updates successfully.
- In Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program.
- Remove these programs in this particular order, if installed and available.
- Corel Graphics - Windows Shell Extension (Note: removing this will affect previous version(s) installed)
- Ghostscript GPL 8.64 (Note: removing this will affect previous version(s) installed)
- CorelDRAW Graphics Suite ensuring that Remove User Files is checked.
- If the option for ‘Remove User Files’ is checked, application user files such as workspaces, application settings and preferences will be removed.
- It is also recommended that you visually inspect the installation and user folders, as well as the user location in the registry (if possible) for files and entries that may have been left behind. If they have not been removed during the uninstall process, they may need to be manually deleted.
To uninstall CorelDRAW Graphics Suite (Manual, Advanced Process)
If necessary, you can manually uninstall CDGS. We recommend manual uninstallation only if an uninstallation was incomplete, or if you do not have access to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite from the "Add or Remove programs" feature.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to C:\Windows\Installer. (If you do not see the folder, type it in the Windows Explorer path field)
- Click the View menu, and choose Details
- In the right pane, right-click the column title Name, and choose “Title”.
- Click the Title column so it is sorted alphabetically
- Right-click an *.msi file that contains CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2022 in the title column and choose Uninstall.
- Repeat previous step until all “*.msi” files for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2022 are removed.
- After the above steps, reboot the system.
The following is a list of the directories, files, and registry entries that may be left behind after the recommended uninstallation method is completed.
Important note: Deleting these files and registry entries may affect other Corel products, so you remove them at your own risk. Some folders may be hidden by default; please see the Microsoft help for details on displaying hidden folders.
Below are the locations which you should look after uninstalling CorelDRAW Graphics Suite.
Important note: Look specifically for entries related to 2022; if you have earlier versions, other entries will exist.
The default installation directory is located at:
Log files are created in the user %temp% folder (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\...)
The files begin with ICA*.log and ICA*.log.xml
User File location:
C:\Users\<accountname>\AppData\Roaming\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2022
All Users File location: (C:\ProgramData or C:\Users\All Users)
C:\Users\All Users\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 2022
Registry locations: You may want to back up the registry before using regedit.
The following registry keys below may or may not exist depending on the type of installation that you performed or the use of the Suite. To completely remove these registry keys from your computer, you must remove the registry keys for each of the users on that system. Do not attempt to remove any other registry entries from the following locations if they are not specified; otherwise, you may impact other Corel products installed on your system. Again, if you do not have any other Corel products installed you can simply delete the ...\Corel folder. If you do have other Corel products installed and want to keep some personal customization, it is recommended that you delete the specified folders only.
Note: After removing CDGS on a computer that has an older version installed, you may encounter problems launching the older version. Performing a repair on the older version should fix any issues.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.