Under Insert menu > Symbols or when pressing Ctrl+W, or when viewing accented or special characters in WordPerfect documents, symbols are either blank or appear incorrectly. It is also possible that the symbol fonts look correct on screen but do not print or publish to PDF.
The symbol fonts for WordPerfect are either not installed, are damaged, or are a very outdated version.
- Press WinKey+R on your keyboard. The Run prompt opens.
- Type C:\Windows\Fonts in the dialog and click OK. The fonts folder opens.
- Scroll down to the fonts that begin with WP.
- Delete all fonts that begin with WP.
- Click here to download the WPO Symbol Fonts.zip file
- Browse to the downloaded file and right-click on it.
- Choose Open With > Windows Explorer from the context menu. A file browser opens showing the contents of the file.
- Click Extract All on the toolbar and extract the files to a new folder.
- Browse to the folder
- Select all the files by clicking into the folder and pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard
- Right click on one of the files and choose "Install"
- Install the fonts. If given the choice, choose to “Install for everyone”
- Close and Reopen WordPerfect