Reveal Codes window is blank in WordPerfect despite the document having text and/or formatting codes in it. This fix is specific to WordPerfect 2021.
NOTE: If later versions of WordPerfect are released which also rely on Visual Studio 2019 then this article will also apply to those versions.
Damaged Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable (x86) installed on the Windows system.
1) Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable (x86) from Microsoft. Use the "x86" download from the following link:
Once the redistributable is installed, reboot Windows and retry WordPerfect.
2) If the issue persists, one can force a redraw of the Reveal Codes window as follows. This will make Reveal Codes visible again:
- Right click in Reveal Codes
- Choose "Settings..." from the context menu
- Change the "Show spaces as:" selection.
- Click Apply.
- Change the "Show spaces as:" selection back to the original setting.
- Click OK.