When attempting to launch your VideoWave program, you receive the error message "The program can't start because d3dx9_33.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
The d3dx9_33.dll is a dynamic link library (DLL) file that is part of the DirectX runtime package, which gets installed on your system alongside Roxio Creator NXT and its derivatives, e.g., Easy CD & DVD Burning. The error message comes up if the DLL, for some reason or another, gets corrupted.
The problem can be resolved by installing a fresh copy of the DLL file from your Roxio program's DirectX installer. Creator NXT 9 is used in this example.
Follow the steps below:
- Open the folder where your Creator NXT 9 installer was downloaded.
By default, this would be on the Windows Desktop screen; look for the "CreatorNXT9" folder.
- Open the folder and locate the DirectX_Feb10 subfolder.
- Locate the file called "dxsetup.exe", and double click on it; it will start installing the required DirectX runtime files, and will replace any corrupted DLL files.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and wait for the installation to complete.
- After that, you will need to restart your computer first before trying VideoWave again.
Your VideoWave program should run now without a hitch.