After upgrading to the latest Pinnacle Studio 26 build, the following situation might occur:
- No Preview/Video
- Scrambled/distorted video
Possible reasons are:
- Some DirectX® components are missing
- Graphics drivers are outdated.
Follow the instructions below to try troubleshooting the issue:
- Download and install 'Microsoft® DirectX® End-User Runtimes (June 2010)' from the link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
- Run the downloaded 'directx_Jun2010_redist.exe' file and extract contents in a folder (e.g., DX) on your desktop.
- Go to the folder and run DXSETUP.exe by right-clicking on it, then select 'Run as administrator.'
- Once 'Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)’ is installed, restart the PC and test Pinnacle Studio 26.
If the issue persists, make sure you have installed the latest graphics/video card driver. Check with your graphics card manufacturer's website and see if any newer driver is available.
Once the latest graphics driver is installed, restart the PC and follow the steps below to reset Pinnacle Studio 26.
- Press the Windows + R keys together to get the Run command box.
- In the available field, type (or copy and paste) %localappdata% and press enter key.
- Rename the Pinnacle_Studio_26 folder to Pinnacle_Studio_26.old
- Launch Pinnacle Studio 26 as administrator by right-clicking on its icon, then select "Run as administrator" and set the 'Hardware Acceleration' type to 'None' from Control Panel > Export and Preview.
NOTE: This will reset all your Library settings to default, including Watchfolders and Project Bins, and any media previously imported will need to be imported again.