The File tab of the WinZip Ribbon looks like this:
The File tab contains the following:
- New Zip File: Create an empty, new .zip or .zipx file (determined by the Default Compression setting)
- New LHA File: Create an empty, new .lha file
- New Zip File on CD/DVD: Creates a new Zip file on a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc (Pro version only)
- Open (from PC/Cloud): Open existing WinZip files on connected drives, network locations, or cloud services
- Favorites: Display a list of files in your Favorite Zip Folders
- Print: Print a listing of the files currently displayed in an open WinZip file
- Save: Save the currently open WinZip file
- Save As (to PC/Cloud): Save the currently open WinZip file to a new location and/or save it with a new file name
- Close: Close the currently open WinZip file without closing WinZip
- Exit: Close WinZip
- Recent/Frequent: Click one of the recently or frequently opened WinZip files in this list to open it again immediately
When working in WinZip's File pane (not this File tab) you can right click any one of the listed recent files and choose to Remove from Recent Zip Files. If you do, the same file will also be removed from the list of files on the Files tab.
Create/Share (Edit) Tab
Unzip/Share (Copy to) Tab
Buy Now/Get WinZip Pro Tab
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.