The Roxio Video Capture app launches but is not picking up any video signal from capture source
The necessary security & privacy access permissions to the system camera and microphone have not been granted to the app
You need to confirm if the Roxio Video Capture app has the necessary permissions to access the system camera and microphone.Follow the steps below.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac;
- Open Security & Privacy;
- On the General tab, see if there any apps being blocked from "Corel Inc". If any, it will be indicated under the "Allow apps downloaded from" section. Unblock if any by clicking the "Allow" button.
- On the Privacy tab, select Camera first, and then Microphone, checking each for an item "Roxio Video Capture.app" on the right-hand panel. That item should be listed and checked.
If the Roxio Video Capture app is not listed in Camera and/or Microphone, try the procedure below.
- Open a Finder window and go to Applications > Roxio Video Capture.app;
- Right-click (or Control+left-click) on the Roxio Video Capture.app and select "Show package contents";
- Open Contents > MacOS and double-click the "Roxio Video Capture" Unix executable file;
- When prompted to grant access permission to the Camera and Microphone, select to allow.
Check Security & Privacy for Camera and Microphone again - the Roxio Video Capture app should now be listed and checked. At this point, the Roxio Video Capture app should now be picking up a video signal from your capture source.