The Zip tab provides the tools that you will want to use when creating WinZip files. The features in this tab are listed by section and described below the picture.
Select WinZip File Type
Use the provided buttons to have WinZip switch file creation type immediately from Zip File to Zipx File or vice versa. Starting with WinZip 26.0 you can also configure WinZip to use any of the 4 Zip file compression methods or if you have chosen Zipx, you will have an additional 6 compression methods you may choose.
The Filters drop-down menu provides options for filtering the files being added to your Zip file. The default is all files with none of the options turned on. You edit the default to change that action if you want, or you can select a previously created filter. The available actions are:
- Create new: Create a new Include filter, Exclude filter, or a combination of both
- Edit: Make changes to filters you created at an earlier time
- Remove: Delete filters you have created and no longer wish to keep
The Include and Exclude filter types will be available when you are creating or editing. You also can select any of the following options:
- Full path information
- Hidden/system files
- Unarchived files only
- Reset archive bit of added files
Modify Files When Adding to Zip
There are three types of conversions available here. You may use some or none of them. They are:
- Encrypt: Open WinZip Options from the File Tab if you want to configure this. Otherwise, your files will all be encrypted with very strong AES 256-bit encryption.
- Image Conversions: There are 4 options here. You can check any number of them:
- Reduce Photo Size: Make your photo files physically smaller so they are easier to share.
- Remove Personal Data: Eliminate your personal data from the files you add.
- Convert Photos: Convert your various photo files into one particular photo type file.
- Watermark: Add a watermark to your photo files to prevent misuse by others.
- PDF Conversions: You may choose from the following 5 PDF file options:
- Convert from PDFs: This option converts a PDF file to another type of document you must configure. You will find 2 Word document types and 4 photo types.
- Convert to PDFs: When you select this, any files being added that are listed in the options for the feature will be converted to a PDF file.
- Combine Files into a PDF: When this options is on and you are either adding PDF files to your Zip file or if you have also turned the Convert to PDFs option on, WinZip will combine all PDF files into one and provide the means for you to put them in any order you choose.
- Sign PDFs: You must provide a certificate file for your signature and then use this option to sign each PDF you Zip.
- Watermark: Add a watermark to your PDF files to prevent misuse by others.
Add to Zip
Click the Files and Folders button in this section and WinZip's Super Picker dialog, allowing you to find files to add from local, network, and cloud service locations. The super picker dialog also will have a drop-down menu for the button at the bottom, so that you can choose the default Add or Freshen, Move, or Update.