This article involves editing the Windows registry. When working with the registry, a backup should be completed. This article from Microsoft describes how to back up the registry: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows-855140ad-e318-2a13-2829-d428a2ab0692
In some cases, AfterShot's default installation may become corrupt or damaged preventing the application from launching or working properly. This document will restore factory defaults through a two-part process of renaming AfterShot's registry entries and configuration files.
To restore the product to its factory defaults follow the instructions listed below:
First, make sure that AfterShot is closed. This is very important. If it is open, the reset process will not work as expected.
Part 1: Reset the AfterShot's registry entries:
1. Click Start
2. In Search, type Regedit
3. In the search results, click Registry Editor.
4. If you do not see only four or five items listed on the left:
4.1 Press the left arrow on your keyboard repeatedly until you only see "Computer"
4.2 Double-click on Computer to expand it.
5. Double-click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER
6. Double-click on Software
7. Double-click on Corel
8. Right click on AfterShot v3 (or AfterShot Pro v3 if you use AfterShot Pro) and choose "Rename" from the context menu.
9. Type "AfterShot v3-old" or "AfterShot Pro v3-old". If there is a AfterShot v3-old, you can use AfterShot v3-Old-1, etc.
10. Press Enter on your keyboard to save the change.
11. Repeatedly press the left arrow key until you only have the Computer and the five HKEY items listed.
12. Close the Registry Editor
Part 2: Reset the AfterShot / AfterShot Pro configuration files
1. Click Start
2. In Search, type %localappdata% and press Enter. This will open the Application Data folder.
3. Double-click on Corel
4. Right click on AfterShot or AfterShot Pro and choose Rename from the context menu.
5. Type "AfterShot-old" or "AfterShot Pro-Old" and press enter to save the change.
5a. NOTE: If Corel-old already exists, you can use another name like Corel-Old-1, etc.
6. Close the Application Data Folder
When you reopen AfterShot program, it will now be at factory default.