In WordPerfect, one may receive an Invalid Codepage error message in some circumstances. This procedure can resolve this error.
WordPerfect is a codepage based application. If the Windows codepage is set to a value which WordPerfect does not support, one may see errors like "Invalid Codepage" when using WordPerfect.
Change the system locale in Windows 11 to US English:
- Open Windows Settings
- To open System Settings, press the Windows key + i shortcut on the keyboard
- OR click on Start ==> Settings
- OR one can also use the search box on the taskbar to search for "Settings". Then click Settings to open it.
- In Windows Settings, click Time & language, click "Language & region" on the right pane of your screen
- This will take you to the Region settings pane, under Administrative.
- Click the Change system locale button.
- Select the language you want for the system locale from the list. We recommend US English. Click OK to apply your changes.
- NOTE: This change will affect all user accounts on the computer.
- Do not check the "BETA: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" checkbox.
- Click OK. You will be prompted to restart your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Was this article helpful?
Tell us how we can improve it.