Uninstall of Painter Essentials is interrupted creating errors when attempting to reinstall
There are many scenarios in which this can occur.
Part One - Windows Explorer
1) Open File Explorer
2) Navigate to C:\Windows\Installer
3) Change your view to "details"
4) Right-click on the sorting toolbar, and select Title
5) Click on Title to sort the list alphabetically
6) Scroll through the list, regarding the items under Title, and delete all Painter Essentials 8 entries
7) Change the location then to C:\Program Files\Corel
8) Delete the folder Painter Essentials 8
9) Change the location then to %temp%
10) Select all items and press SHIFT + Delete
NOTE: There will be some items which will not delete. This is fine. Simply click the checkbox to perform the action again automatically and click Skip
Part Two - Windows Registry
NOTE: Be sure once entering, to click File> Export> And save a copy of your registry before continuing. Be also sure that the Export Range on the bottom left, is set to All before you press save.
!) On your keyboard, hold the Windows Key down and tap the letter R
2) In the run box that appears, type in regedit and press enter
NOTE – To drill down to the necessary locations, simply double-click on each heading to expand the list
3) Navigate to the following locations and delete the keys specified:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Installer > Products >
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Installer > UserData > S-1-5-18 > Products
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall
4) Close the registry
5) Restart the computer
Grab the installer from https://www.painterartist.com/en/pages/download/ and reinstall. See if that works for the better for you and let me know how you fare.